Eco-Musical no. 2:
Go M.A.D.! (Make A Difference)
A Global Warming Warning!
Go M.A.D.! (Make A Difference) is a BigBuzz eco-musical about climate change. It takes performers and audience on a journey from pessimism and inertia about climate change, to optimism and action.
Listen to an excerpt (mp3)
Go M.A.D.! shows how we can all reduce our carbon footprint - and why it’s so important to do so.
‘Go M.A.D.! is a wonderful educational concept. Well resourced and soundly researched.’
Dr Andreas Heinemeyer, Climate Scientist, University of York
Go M.A.D.! is best suited to ages 9 to 14, and can be learnt in as little as a day, or as long as a term - as you prefer.
The Go M.A.D.! performers become ambassadors for action on climate change in your school or group, with a show they can perform to the rest of the school, to parents, and in the community.
Read more about Go M.A.D.! in action
Go M.A.D.! supports the following Sustainable Schools Doorway Themes:
- Energy and water
- Traffic and travel
- Buildings and grounds
- Purchasing and waste
- Inclusion and participation
- Local well-being
- Global dimension.
Congratulations to Archbishop of York Junior School whose performance of Go M.A.D.! helped them win the Climate Change Champions Challenge!
Find out more
Go M.A.D.! also meets the following Every Child Matters outcomes:
- ‘Enjoy and Achieve’
- ‘Making a Positive Contribution’.
It’s also great if you’re going for an Eco-Schools Award, as it ties in with the following Eco-Schools themes:
- Healthy Living
- Global Perspective.
There are two options for putting on Go M.A.D.! where you are:
1. Anneliese can come to your school/event and teach Go M.A.D.! .
email Anneliese for details
2. You can teach Go M.A.D.! yourself using the comprehensive Teaching Pack with Resource CD, that includes everything you need to put on a successful performance of Go M.A.D.! . The 70-page colour Teaching Pack comes full teaching notes, and with a Resource CD that contains:
- Introductory message
- Recordings of live performances of each song
- Backing tracks
- Lyrics for performers (pdf)
- Lyrics as PowerPoint.
For more information, see theBigBuzz Eco-Musicals FAQs.